The history of this site dates back to very ancient times: some findings of coins and small objects dating back to pre-Roman times (9th century BC) have been made. During the war between Como and Milan (1118-1127) the Baradello suffered various damages. With the arrival of Federico Barbarossa, Como was rebuilt and the Baradello was also restored with an expansion of the tower. In 1335 it was remodeled by the Visconti and the tower was raised to its current height (28 m).
This intervention concerned the recovery and study of a portion of the wall by means of a preliminary work of cleaning and removal of the vegetation that insisted on the exterior facing impeding the view. The geometric, photographic and archaeological examination of the elevation has followed. The difficulty of accessibility to the site has made it necessary for the supply of the yard to implement an air bridge.